The Swachh Campus
Rathinam Group is into development and management of educational Institutions, Information Technology (IT) Parks, and development other infrastructure (Housing Development and entertainment). With more than 15 years of experience in these fields, Rathinam Group consists of the following organizations:
Rathinam Campus is a 70 acre arena composed of IT Parks, Educational Institutions, Housing Infra and Entertainment Zone in one roof, also located within Coimbatore Corporation limit on Pollachi Road (NH 209) adjacent to the market hub Sundarapuram.
Rathinam Techzone is compressed of 14+ companies (IT Park and SEZ), backing more than 2500 employees. We approach education from a different angle and believe in offering Education with Practical Exposure. Learning, Working and Living – this is how we define life at Rathinam!
Know More: http://www.rathinamtechzone.com/
Private & Govt transportation facility is affordable which makes the transport ease. In addition to that our college provides college buses with GPRS tracking to Udumalpet, Anamalai, Tirupur and cover the other outer areas of Coimbatore. The college’s strategic location makes it an ideal place for students commuting from Coimbatore, Pollachi and Kerala.
Classrooms are spacious, equipped with centralized AC which creates a relaxed environment to learn. Digital Projectors, audio systems are added advantages in few classrooms. Stimulated teaching software helps better development of application oriented skills among students.
The Institution has well equipped, furnished, spacious, ventilated classrooms to help our students in better knowledge transmission. The classrooms in which instructors and students work together to create and sustain an environment in which everyone feels safe, supported, and encouraged to express his or her views.
Being an industry embracing campus, we have high-end sophisticated labs to give working experience for students to enhance their learning. All Labs like Core Lab, Communication Lab, Science Lab equipped with all facilities
Costume Design and Fashion Labs
Central library of Rathinam College of Arts and Science plays a important role in the teaching-learning process of the college. It is the core of all academic activities of all UG & PG courses and Research programs. Central Library housed in a building not limiting itself to just academic knowledge but spreads its wings across to learn the current affairs and updates. Also, each department libraries provide the students and staff a very conducive environment and opportunity for exploring worldwide knowledge.The library has a rich collection of around 15000 books under text and reference books, Journals, educational CDs / DVDs and innumerable e-books, e-journals, and other resources for the use of its members. Library is automated with a Library Management System (ILMS).
To serve the student and staff community, the central library has subscribed to the digital library – Knimbus, over 1 Lakh e-books under various subjects and 50000 more journal articles from 5000 journals are accessible in remote.
In addition to the above, the central has made subscription to the following databases
(Link to the E-Resources)
Rathinam College of Arts and Science is very glad to say that the Central Library of RCAS is member of NDLI CLUB since 2020 and established the Rathinam College NDLI Club to create awareness among students and staff in accessing e-resources like NDLI, NLIST, DELNET etc.
Central library of college is functioning round the clock – 24 hrs. Students and staff shall access the library at any time.
Computer Lab and CCTV is available in the library.
Library Access to Students: https://rathinambuddy.gradraise.com/library/media/
Knimbus Digital Library: https://rathinamcollege.knimbus.com/#/home
Note: From the student portal, the student shall verify the availability of the books and request for books.
COLLEGE LIBRARY RULES
- The library is open on all working days – 24hrs.
- Students and faculty members should sign in the entry register before entering and leaving the library.
- Lending of books from Library is as fallows
- UG Students – 02 Books
- PG Students – 03 Books
- Faculty Members – 05 Books
- No book shall be lent unless the ticket is handed over to the librarian.
- Students shall be entitled to hold the books for 14 days from the date of issue. At the end of the period, they shall return the books to the library that is on the due date marked on the slips.
- A student who fails to return a book on the due date will be fined as follows.
- For First Week – Rs 1 per day of delay
- For Second Week – Rs 2 per day of delay
- After Second Week -The Cost of the Book will be collected.
- ID card is not transferable.
- The librarian can recall any book at any time even if the normal period of loan had not expired.
- A student who has to pay fine or any other charge to the library will not be allowed to borrow books.
- Absence from college will not ordinarily be accepted as an excuse for delay in the return of books.
- Reference books shall not be lent out.
- Students are expected to use all the books with care. If a book is lost or damaged, the borrower has to replace the book or should pay double the cost of the book.
- All marking, underlining, or annotating of books whether already soiled or not is forbidden. Every book will be examined and if it is found damaged, the matter will be reported to the Principal for disciplinary action.
- The last borrower using a book shall be held responsible for all effects which he/she did not point out at the time of his/her taking it.
- Renewal of the books can be done with in thirteen days from the issue date.
- The library will be opened during vacation.
- Strict silence should be observed in the library. It is the duty of the librarian to bring to the notice of the principal if any student damages the books, or makes noise and violate the rules of the library.
- All complaints and suggestions should be made in the first instance to the librarian who will, if necessary, refer them to the Principal.
- Students must return all the library books at the end of the course or at the time of leaving the college whichever is earlier. All dues should be paid before the end of the course.
- Students are not allowed to bring any printed material, notebooks or files to the library.
- The librarian’s decision is final in the matter of issue, and collection of the books from the students.
- To improve reading Daily quiz will be conducted in the library
- Silence should be maintained inside the library.
- Playing games and chatting are prohibited.
- If a student damages the system i.e., software or hardware component, the expenses shallbe collected from him/her.
- Students should get permission from the librarian to use (floppy’s/CD’s) inside the digital library.
- Chairs should be arranged properly before leaving the digital library.
ONLINE ACCESSIBLE LIBRARY COLLECTION
College Library has online accessible software: Online Public Accession Catalogues (OPAC) to search Books, Journals, Magazines, CDs’ Project reports and to know the books in the individuals account to know the due dates, etc. To utilize this one should, log on to library login link in https://rathinambuddy.gradraise.com/library/media/
Sports activities go hand in hand at Rathinam Educational Institutions. Students who are very much talented in various sports will be handpicked and trained with the help of professional trainers.
- Accommodates a fine quality cricket ground with special training nets. It must be noted that only a very few colleges are equipped with training nets.
- A separate and devoted place is given to Basket Ball court. This outdoor basketball court is built in an advanced way following the norms.
- There is a highly equipped Gym facility to keep everyone fit. We believe in physical fitness amplifies mental fitness.
- Football, Shuttle, Badminton, Ball Badminton, Volley Ball, Kho-Kho are also given equal importance.
- Along with these modern sports, traditional martial arts like Kalaripayattu, Silambattam are also taught to the students for self defense.
The boarding facility of Rathinam is more like a home. Multiple hostels with wash centers and 24×7 security assure a safe and sound living. Campus is having huge security installations including CCTV cameras, hostels are under complete surveillance, automatic boom barriers at main gate and dedicated team of professional security officers and personnel, deputed in all campus locations. Campus has high speed internet facility. There are 24X7 Wi-Fi facilities in the college for the students and faculty members to avail internet connection at any place in the college and hostel. A separate 100 KVA generator is available to ensure uninterrupted power supply to the hostel and mess. There are 5 hostels of which 3 girls’ hostel and 2 boys’ hostel which include prayer hall, TV hall, Gym, store, and indoor games are provided for recreation.
The connectivity through a fully networked campus with IT infrastructure, computing and communication resources, offers students the facilities of e-mail, net surfing, up/down loading of web based application, besides helping them in preparation projects and seminars. Students of Rathinam can utilize Wash Center inside the college campus; more than 500 students are benefited by this facility. Around ten advanced washing machines are installed for the same.
Our Hostel Mess has a modern kitchen with steam heating facility to provide healthy and hygienic food. Unlimited food & milk is provided to the hostel students. For Kerala students “Kerala Rice” is available daily to cater their needs. During festivals, special meals will be served for hostel students. There are separate, clean and hygienic adequate dining halls for both boys and girls which can accommodate more than 400 students at a time. Separate hostels are available for both boys and girls with all facilities including free wi-fi. Hygienic Food court is available inside the campus with two restaurants and two coffee shops, one fresh juice shop and an ice cream parlor. Naturals Beauty Salon is available opposite to the college.
The College offers ATM services within the campus premises. Students and staff can use ATM facility to facilitate access to bank accounts for cash withdrawals. There are 2 different ATM machines provided by different banks.
- Axis Bank
- Union Bank of India.
This facility can be availed by the students and staff of the college. This helps for a safe and easy way of transaction.
Separate power house with silent generators and UPS facility is availability for uninterrupted power supply.