All the successful and rewarding academic years that have gone by have reaffirmed our academic excellence and distinguished standing in the sphere of education in the state and in the country. True to the vision to emerge as a world-renowned Institution that is integrated with industries to impart knowledge, the Institution strives to provide a holistic and inclusive education, which includes Industry collaborated courses. Skill development is the process of identifying the gaps and developing and honing the needed fields. It is important because the skills determine the ability of a person and their success.
These courses are provided by the Institution to make the students to engage in a whole range of curricular activities which will make them globally competent. The curricula are designed to be more jobs oriented and are revised annually to cater to the requirements of the student community.
One of our Institution’s missions is to develop the skills of the students. To fulfill the above, Rathinam College of Arts and Science had signed MoU with the various industries to enhance the skills of the students. The Institution has signed MOU’s with various companies to provide value-based education and inculcate entrepreneurial abilities so that the students are well groomed in knowledge, skills and values to have the ability to face the challenges of the corporate world and life.
Every year, the placement officer conducts an assessment in association with the HireMee and Vee Technologies. Also the students are motivated to attend the online assessment available in the National Career Services. Based on the report received from the HireMee, the students were categorized into three different groups. For each group, specific training is provided by the in-house faculty members and subject matter experts from outside. The training and Placement cell assess the student’s skills frequently through the ERP. Once the assessment is completed, the score card is shared to the student and then individual counseling was conducted by the respective tutor. The students are given motivation and their progress was regularly monitored for their skill enhancement.
The following industries are identified and signed MoU with them to impart skills among the students in the specific skill, a few are listed below:
- Cosmic IAS Academy, Coimbatore to impart the students Communication Skills, Aptitude, and reasoning skills.
- Primax Foundation, Bangalore to enhance the research skill and make the students to compete and to participate the global events.
- Professional Info Tech, Coimbatore to provide the medical Coding & HACCI training to the Bio-Science students as an additional skill.
- ProPlus Academy, Coimbatore to provide digital marketing and to improve the communication skills of the student.
- Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai to provide the basic skills required for the liaison officer. Students must undergo few exams to attain the eligibility of liaison officer.