Rathinam College of Arts and Science established a Students’ Grievance Redressal Cell for our students. It primarily covers the receipt and processing of complaints of students and it includes action taken on any issue raised by them to avail services more effectively.
We are resolving the issues actively and satisfactorily for the grievant students. The Grievances cell maintains a single portal to complain his/her genuine grievances. It will be viewed seriously resolving in a systematic way by involving the concerned person or department.
The grievance procedure is a machinery to sort out the issues between student and the Institution. It is a means by which a student who believe that, he / she has been treated unfairly with respect to his / her academic / administrative affairs or is convinced to be discriminated is redressed. It is a device to settle a problem. It enables to express feelings by initiating and pursuing the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Institution. It involves a process of investigation in which ‘Student’s Grievance Cell’ enquires and analyses the nature and pattern of the grievances in a strictly confidential manner. Matters are disclosed to only those, who have a legitimate role in resolving the matter. Emphasis on procedural fairness has been given with a view to “the right to be heard and right to be treated without bias”.
• To Create a platform for students can point out their problems academic and non academic
• Get suggestions from the students for improvement
• Take necessary steps to resolve the issue
• To provide the students access to immediate hassle free recourse to have their grievances redressed
• To establish structured interactions with students to elicit information on their expectations
Grievance carried out in the following steps:
• The institution provides mechanism to the students for redressal of their grievances with regard to their complaints on academic and non-academic matters.
• An aggrieved student who has any grievances at the Programme level shall make an application first to the Programme Coordinator/Class Coordinator/ Mentor as the case may be. They, after verifying the facts shall try to redress the grievance within a reasonable time, preferably within a week of the receipt of the complaint.
• If the student is not satisfied with the verdict or solution of the Programme Coordinator/Class Coordinator/Mentor, as the case may be then the same should be placed before the Head of the Institution that is Dean/Principal and the Dean/Principal shall, if necessary refer the same to the respective (Constituent) College level committee (Students Grievance Redressal Cell) for rederessal.